Hi,

I am always getting this error

Accuracy: 5.0
Load pois
248 bytes
{
“error_message” = “This IP, site or mobile application is not authorized to use this API key. Request received from IP address 47.11.242.72, with empty referer”;
“html_attributions” = (
);
results = (
);
status = “REQUEST_DENIED”;
}

Can you please check. And the steps for creating the API Key is not clear. When I go to the site, It says

This API key can be used in this project and with any API that supports it. To use this key in your application, pass it with the key=API_KEY parameter. What is the key=API_KEY parameter. Please help

Great tutorial !! However I hate to be a pain but Im getting the following;

2017-05-20 00:34:59.929474+0100 Places[1503:359888] libMobileGestalt MobileGestaltSupport.m:153: pid 1503 (Places) does not have sandbox access for frZQaeyWLUvLjeuEK43hmg and IS NOT appropriately entitled
2017-05-20 00:34:59.929516+0100 Places[1503:359888] libMobileGestalt MobileGestalt.c:550: no access to InverseDeviceID (see rdar://problem/11744455)

i have never come across this kind of error before. The app runs but no POI actually appear on the map or in AR mode. Any idea where I am going wrong ?

I am also getting the same issue
Can anybody please reply

I am also getting the same issue

How can I add a new POI’s here within radius of 100meters ???

Hello everyone. First of all a great tutorial. But I’ve encountered a problem.

I have a costum list of POI’s that are saved in an array in the app delegate. In time they need to be replaced by data that comes from a database.

The items are loaded onto the map view and they display just fine. But in the AR view they are stacked on top of each other and move simultaneously instead of being placed all around the user. does anyone have an idea why?

Thanks in advance

Hello. Is this tutorial still actual, taking to account new ARKit shipped with iOS 11?

Short answer: Yes it is.

ARKit is just another framework to write an application like this one. And for this case i wouldn’t use it, because it would make the app more complex. The used lib does all the complex math for you like calculating the azimuth of a POI and position it on the screen. ARKit wouldn’t do the calculation and i’m not sure if it would be able to position it on the screen because it needs enough feature points.

1 Like

Hello @pierredrks
I have one question. If i know real object height in meters, for example building height, how can i show this annotation exact in top of this building?
I need plsce annotations like attachment.
I just want to know how i can control yhe vertical height
 concernet wuth real object height.

Thank you.

Make sure you ENABLE - Google Places API Web Service → you will have to press more to see it

1 Like

Hi just wondering are the annotations meant to move when you move the phone on the x axis around you?

Hi.
I need annotations keep in same position, when i move device in y axis, this annotations sholdnt be moved

But very big problem is put annotations to the right elevation
now i cant keep this annotations to top ov plase

Sorry I meant the x axis

The Google Places API says that the “establishment” type is deprecated, so using the current search query returns “anything” in my region. Does anybody know of any other way of retrieving points of interest nearby?

Hello,

I have one question. Is it possible to increase the frame of specific POI, the one user is looking at? And when user stops looking to that specific one, it goes back to old size. Same goes for each poi on camera view.

Will their be tutorial of achieving the same functionality with ARKit??

I’m not sure if there is an update to ARKit in the pipeline, but i don’t think so. ARKit doesn’t provide the needed functionality to use it as a location based toolkit. Maybe this project will help you GitHub - ProjectDent/ARKit-CoreLocation: Combines the high accuracy of AR with the scale of GPS data., it’s similar to the used library but uses ARKit.

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. We will update it as soon as possible. Thank you! :]