Kodeco Forums

Augmented Reality in Android with Google’s Face API

You’ll build a Snapchat Lens-like app called FaceSpotter which draws cartoony features over faces in a camera feed using augmented reality.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/523-augmented-reality-in-android-with-google-s-face-api

How to capture photo with cartoony feature like painted eyes on my face. I already tried with mCameraSource.takePicture but it only give me camera picture without painted eyes. Also tried using

mPreview.setDrawingCacheEnabled(true);
Bitmap drawingCache = mPreview.getDrawingCache();

this only give me painted eyes.

i have same issue How to capture photo with cartoony feature like painted eyes on my face

@tirto20 please check this : android - Take picture with drawable/paint on face using vision api - Stack Overflow

Hello,
I have facing issue for Graphic overlay , I need to set same size of cameraPreview to GraphicOverlay layout size. when I capture image in different device it will return different size.

@accordionguy Do you have any feedback regarding this? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. We will update it as soon as possible. Thank you! :]