Kodeco Forums

AsyncDisplayKit 2.0 Tutorial: Automatic Layout

In this part two of this AsyncDisplayKit 2.0 tutorial, learn how easy it is to build fast and flexible layouts in your iOS apps.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/805-asyncdisplaykit-2-0-tutorial-automatic-layout

Thank you for the great tutorial :slight_smile:

@evilus :+1: no problem!

Hey @luke_parham! Thanks for these tuts. Any news on the swift versions?

Thanks Luke for this tutorial! This can be a time saver and rather easy than Autolayout however, I’m wondering if it can work with controls when their sizes are growing dynamically? Say we have UITextView on a ScrollView. UITextView height grows while typing text inside that.

Hey @afturner , sorry for the late reply, but I’m hoping to get full Swift versions of these tutorials made in the next month or two! I’ve been pretty swamped with Video Tutorials since I finished writing these so I haven’t gotten to get the Swift versions out as soon as I’d have liked :pensive:

@shafi Yes it can work with dynamically growing content! There may be some specific things about scroll nodes I don’t know off the top of my head, but in general you can just define your layoutSpec so that it works for the smaller or larger version and then call -transitionLayoutWithAnimation: and then either let the default animations happen or implement -animateLayoutTransition: to write custom animations.

Also hoping for a Swift version here also. But I think if we just get a Swift version of the Starter Project, that might even be sufficient. Don’t even need a complete rewrite of the tutorial.

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions regarding it are no longer supported for the moment. We will update it as soon as possible. Thank you! :]