ARCore Sceneform SDK: Getting Started | Ray Wenderlich

In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to make augmented reality Android apps with ARCore using Sceneform.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/5485-arcore-sceneform-sdk-getting-started

Hello,
I hesitate between ARCore with Sceneform and ARCore with Unity

Can you tell me more

Thank you Best regards

Hi @michelp3,
it depends on what project you plan to deal with. Unity is probably better if you plan a more complex project, it handles a lot of stuff for you and has better support. Sceneform on the other hand is totally free and is probably easier to make lighter apps (while on unity you need to carefully learn how to remove stuff you don’t need).
I hope this can help you a little bit :slight_smile:

Thank you for your answer, good luck !!!

How do i hide specific child node from rendered model in android?

Like hiding child nodes withName in iOS

@coletz Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Hi and sorry for the delay! I’m not very familiar with ARKit so I don’t know what you are referring to. Do you need to get the reference to a node and then hide it in some way or you already have a reference and you only need to hide it?

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. Thank you!