Kodeco Forums

Apple Pay Tutorial: Getting Started

Enter the world of mobile payments on iOS in this Apple Pay tutorial! You'll learn how to implement Apple Pay in your iOS apps to collect payment for physical goods and services.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/2113-apple-pay-tutorial-getting-started

Hi @kerber , I have a question regarding the python server script. In the tutorial we host that locally. Is there a way in which I can host that somewhere else remotely in order to have the server always on? I was thinking about having that .py script hosted by my website domain. I do not know if this will work though. Do you have any thoughts or tips for me?

Thank You in Advance!

@cordovaorlando Absolutely! Your best bet is to host your own box, or to deploy to something like Heroku. There’s a rough tutorial I’ve used here: The Flask Mega-Tutorial, Part XVIII: Deployment on the Heroku Cloud - miguelgrinberg.com

It’s worth mentioning that you should strongly consider security risks when and if you deploy something to the open internet. While Apple Pay tokens are secure, I would still recommend communication over HTTPS only. Also, be very cognizant of protecting your Parse API keys.

Hope that helps!
-Erik

Hi am getting issue in python server code. I don’t know python, justi followed this link.Please provide solution

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. We will update it as soon as possible. Thank you! :]