Animation in chapter 2, the challenge

An answer is given in chapter 3 for how the earth, and the moon are animated - “scene.isPaused = false” but I find no such code the challenge source!

1 Like

To see the actions from the challenge, load SimpleScene.scn. Then in the bottom right of the scene there is a rectangle icon with a triangle in the center. That is the show secondary editor icon, click it. The secondary editor will slide up. Click the Actions button at the top of the new menu. You will see a timeline view with the action. To add new actions, drag one from the object library. I have uploaded a screenshot so you can see where it is.

Not sure if my previous answer is what you were looking for. By the way, the default for scene.isPaused is false so it doesn’t need to be set to false initially for animations to load. Only needs to be reset to false if you pause the scene.

thank you for your answer, now I can find the secondary editor, but my sphere is still when I finish adding the action, could you please explain the steps more explicit? much appreciated!

1 Like

@chrislanguage Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

I’m having the same issue when I add the action and hit play it doesn’t move. If I open the solution remove and add the action back it doesn’t move though it works fine prior to any changes. When I run file comparisons on the projects the only difference is in SimpleScene.scn which is a binary file so not easily compared between working and non working states.

please answer this question! My sphere is still as well.

@chrislanguage Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

click at the action, and set the value in the right side bar

@zxcheergo Thank you for sharing your solution - much appreciated!