Kodeco Forums

Android SDK Versions Tutorial

In this Android SDK versions tutorial, you'll learn how to make sure your apps work on a variety of devices, running different versions of the Android SDK - through the power of Android Support libraries and other techniques.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/1359-android-sdk-versions-tutorial

Hello Eunice, thank you for the tutorial!

Iโ€™m using Android Studio v1.5.1, if Iโ€™m correct the oldest Api that I can use in the AVD is 8 (Froyo, Android 2.2). API level 7 and older are deprecated. Thereโ€™s a download function, but when I click it. the download seems to work, but API 7 does not appear in the list when creating a new AVD. Also, the download button disappeared from the list as soon as I clicked it. Only API from 8 and up seems to work. Guess you wrote the tutorial with an older version of Android Studio, or am I missing something?

Hello @whasssaaahhh,

I tested with Android Studio 1.5.1 and API 7 shows when creating a new AVD. From your screenshot API 7 is not downloaded. Itโ€™s possible the download did not complete successfully. Can you please try downloading it again?

Thanks Eunice, I tried this again, and my problem is solved. you were right that the image was not downloaded

This tutorial is more than six months old, so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. We will update it as soon as possible. Thank you! :]