Adding Courses to a Queue | raywenderlich.com

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/5429927-beginning-collection-views/lessons/27

@pasanpr, very good video! Right in time to strengthen the skill!

Hi, I have a question. How do you manage to toggle the isQueued property so it changes the dataSource?
For example, when you add an item to the queue, exit to the library and enter again you can see that the item is still queued as expected but you didn’t update the datasource. I hope I could explain myself lol

1 Like

@pasanpr Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

hey @optastudent. I actually do update the data source. isQueued is defined on each model and in the TutorialDetailViewController when you tap on the button you’re toggling isQueued on the model itself.

Any time you navigate to the QueuedTutorialController whenever the view is going to appear on screen, I configured the data source. You can verify this by looking at the body of the viewWillAppear method. There is a call to configureSnapshot() and this method gets all the queued tutorials and updates the data source