About the official tutorials category

Hi. I saw your tutorial on gaming on AR using OpenCV and was wondering whether the same could be accomplished using the ARToolkit (http://artoolkit.org)?

Hi! I donā€™t know why, but I canā€™t create new topic, so maybe Iā€™ll write here:
I tried to do game(actually at least to run it on my computer) that I saw in tutorial here: Multiplayer game
But when I try to run it from different computers, client on the second computer(local server is on the first) doesnā€™t find server:
I do this way:
Start server and set to localhost:8000 or 0.0.0.0:8000
Start the first client and type localhost:8000, after what it connects to server
In cmd type ipconfig, find IPv4,
Start the second client, and type IPv4:8000, but it isnā€™t connecting to server

What have I to do, to make it work?

Hi, were you able to run the game on the same computer. As i am trying to run this but it is getting crashed. plz help

Some of the Unity C# free tutorial videos on your site arenā€™t working correctly. I can hear sound, but the videos are all garbled. Could this be a thing to do with Microsoft Edge?

Hello!
Do you have some post or other place to offer a topic for new video tutorial? And place for vote to select most interesting?

Hi all, I wasnā€™t sure where else to post a question about a closed topic. I apologize if Iā€™m posting in the wrong place, but Iā€™m nerding out on this algorithm tutorial:

I am a beginner, obvs, and would like to access ā€˜depthā€™ in a tree. I.e. if root is depth 0, when I add children they should be depth 1, the next children would be depth 2, etc.

I know this should be super basic, but Iā€™m having a little trouble wrapping my brain around it.

I tried something like: in the Node class initialize depth: Int, and then in the add(child:) function I could say depth +=. But then I would have to add it manually to each Node, which is unnecessary. Should I instead add a value to the array? Orā€¦? :confused:

aTdHvAaNnKcSe
(THANKS in advance)

Side note. It seems odd to close forum topics ā€” makes it much harder to continue or organize the discussion. Feature request: keep tutorial discussions open? (all discussions?)

Comments are closed on several tutorials because they are ā€˜oldā€™.

shogunkaramazov

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. We will update it as soon as possible. Thank you! :]

This is a pity if the tutorials are still relevant. Sure Swift may be deprecate some of the code, but Iā€™ve found that sometimes thereā€™s a comment that helps clarify what the code should be now, or how to avoid a potentially tricky issue.

If you block comments on a tutorial maybe you scan add a heads up the start of the tut that itā€™s guaranteed to work ā€œas isā€ anymore.

1 Like

Is there an updated version of 203, the open-source collaboration tutorial, that shows how to work with source control in Xcode 9? TIA!

hi I was wondering if anyone could update Introduction to the Sprite Kit Scene Editor Fear the Dead, Iā€™ve purchased iOS developer tutorial 2d games when it first came out and I still love the information giving on this website! and could Dino defence be remade as well? thank you for your time and response!

Hi all,
I want learn Swift language and have question, what will the best for start?
This tutorials https://www.raywenderlich.com/ios/learn or this book https://store.raywenderlich.com/products/swift-apprentice?

Thank you for all replies :slight_smile:

I am having trouble with my code in your tutorial for bullā€™s eye. it doesnā€™t add the extra bonus points to the total score. I have watched all the videos and he hasnā€™t fixed it. just want to tell you so you could maybe help me if possible. thanks :slight_smile:

This tutorial would make a seriously good Swift 5 tutorial. Itā€™s from 2017 in obj-cā€¦

iOS 7 Best Practices; A Weather App Case Study: Part 1/2

Itā€™s currently archived

So I am taking the ā€œbuild your first IOS app using swiftā€ tutorials. I am almost done- to the part of inserting the button images. However, when I insert the yellow image it displays as blue and I am going crazy trying to figure it out. I donā€™t understand why it is doing that. Can someone please help me?

@corrie Do you still have issues with this?

Hi, Iā€™m having a problem with the tutorial ā€œIntroduction to Unity: Getting Started 2/2ā€. Iā€™m doing everything just like told, but when I introduce the IonCannon script to the Spaceship object, and then play, the Spaceship just disappears from the Game screen when I hit the space bar (so, to be clear: the bullet also gets fired, but the Spaceship disappears and then returns to the original position). This is not what the Spaceship should be doing. Why is that? Thanks.

PS. I could not write this comment on the tutorial page, because ā€œit is closed for comments because it is older than 6 montsā€. Maybe not the better idea to close that?

PS2. Thank you for the tutorial, btw, it is a very nice and understandable tutorial. Iā€™m learning a lot, but Iā€™m stuck with that problemā€¦ maybe a scripting problem? I really donā€™t know because my knowledge of scripting is close to zero.

@francisalonso Do you still have issues with this?

Iā€™m new, been doing the Beginning C# tutorials, so far so good, with a few minor inconveniences, I came to the forum in order to ask for help with one of the challenges, specifically the one from video 18 https://www.raywenderlich.com/3247-beginning-c/lessons/18 I already re watched many times and made sure I perfectly typed everything and Iā€™m still not being able to make it work.

Iā€™d love to make an individual post but since Iā€™m new, I canā€™t create a new topic.

Those links from four years ago didnā€™t work, which probably wouldnā€™t help with my current question about frameworks, as I work through the Markup tutorial, on how to run iOS apps on MacOS.

I would start a new topic about it, but my ā€œNew Topicā€ button is grayed out, so this post will have to do.

@rgda91 @javelin Do you still have issues with this?

Hi n00b member here. I am an experienced developer but my swift knowledge has been cobbled together from youtube and stackoverflow so i decided to run through the basic learning paths from scratch to get the basics covered ā€˜properlyā€™.

Iā€™m currently on iOS and Swift UI for beginners pt4 - programming in swift fundamentals - i have just struggled a little with closures, not because i canā€™t follow and repeat, but because i am aware of some of the complexity lurking behind this topic.

iā€™m noticing that the course is starting to make reference to ā€˜my 2nd appā€™, assuming i have already done this, when actually it is the module after next - pt6 your 2nd ios and swiftui app.

Am I missing something here? Is the order on https://www.raywenderlich.com/ios/paths/learn correct? i.e. do i just keep blindly following the order set out on this page - is there any discussion / documentation covering this course that i am missing?