3D iOS Games by Tutorials Discussion

It doesn’t ask me if I want the dae imported as a scenekit scene… It just imports it as a .dea , no questions asked. I’m just dragging it in to the project. Confused, but I would love to import them like the author had them. I’m I doing something wrong or could it be something in preferences.

Thanks For the answer
I reduced normal mapping to only 3 objects
And Yes i do use shared textures after Reading About it
Thanks For the great book
(And sorry For typo’s, im On the way to comiccon So im On my iPhone)

I’m working on MarbleMaze, and I wanted to ask if anyone could explain the reasoning for moving the ball up to y10 in the reference node rather than moving the instance of the node up to y10 in the game scene. Thank you! Having a lot of fun with this book.

Maybe. I haven’t tried this yet. @chrislanguage could you help with this?

glad to know such content as in this mottos

Maximillian, theres no need to convert using Blender. Simply add the voxel .obj file to the xcode project, assets folder. Then convert it using Xcode.
With the obj file selected go the Menu Bar > Editor > and selects "Convert to SceneKit Scene file format .scn …Select duplicate or convert (overwrite) option. Boom!

In chapter 2, I’m trying to set the scene background using:

func setupScene() {
   scnScene = SCNScene()
   scnView.scene = scnScene
   scnScene.background.contents = "GeometryFighter.scnassets/Textures/Background_Diffuse.png"
}

When I run the program, the background IS diffuse, but it’s gray scale, not bluish. I’m using Xcode 8.2.1. Do I need to change anything in the Main storyboard to get the main scene to be blue tinged?

1 Like

I see the same behavior in the “final” project chapter 2, so at least it’s consistent.

Looks like this is also being discussed here: