1Password-like menubar

I’m trying to create a menubar app that looks/functions like 1Password menubar app.

IMAGE 2017-10-21 15:32:03

This consists of a search input on the top and a list of items that will be filtered according to the search input on the bottom.

I have tried recreating it as a NSMenu but that does not seem to work properly. I can set the first NSMenuItem’s view to a custom view. However, when trying to press cmd + A in the input, it does not select the text, rather it jumps to the next NSMenuItem.

I think that 1Password is not using NSMenu and that they have implemented a custom “dropdown” or something.

How would you go about solving this? Thanks

@jerguslejko. Thanks very much for your questions and my apologies for the delay in responding.

At first glance, I would make this app as a UITableView (if it’s for iOS). Each row would be a UITableViewCell which you wouldn’t have to customize since the default cell would allow you to add a UIImage, and allow you to provide a disclosure image which would indicate to the user that selecting the row would take them to another screen. You could easily place a search bar in the header, and a separate section would hold the Password Generator cell.

I hope this helps!

All the best!

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.